Getting to Gdansk
There are two cheap airlines that operate flights to Gdansk:
- Wizzair (many connections from the UK, Germany, and Benelux)
- Ryanair (many connections from UK and Ireland).
They also run flights to Gdansk from Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, and Scandinavia.
Regular airlines (LOT, Lufthansa, SAS, and Air Berlin) offer flights to/from Gdansk via Warsaw, Frankfurt, Munich, Copenhagen, and Berlin.
Gdansk is very well connected to Warsaw (3h by train). There are also daily trains from Cracow, Wroclaw, Berlin, and Vienna. Check http://intercity.pl/en/ for timetables and prices.
Poland has a good network of long distance buses, with the advantage of reasonable travel times and very cheap tickets (typically between 5 and 10 EUR). A meta-planner is available at https://en.e-podroznik.pl/. The most popular coach operator is probably PolskiBus.
Getting from the airport
There are two sensible options of getting from the airport to the venue and the student accommodation: either take the metropolitan train (so called SKM or PKM), or a taxi.
- SKM train to student accommodation: take line 2 from the airport to station Gdansk Strzyża (direction Gdansk Wrzeszcz or Gdansk Glowny), and then either walk for 10 mins, or take a tram no. 11 towards Oliwa and leave at the next stop. The train ride takes about 20 min and costs 3,50 zl (approx. 0,80 EUR).
- SKM train to the venue: take line 2 from the airport to station Gdansk Wrzeszcz (direction Gdansk Wrzeszcz or Gdansk Glowny), change to line 1 towards Gdynia or Wejherowo, leave at Gdansk Przymorze-Uniwersytet, and walk 4 mins. The train ride takes about 35 min and costs 3,50 zl (approx. 0,80 EUR).
Alternatively, take line 2, leave at Gdansk Strzyża, and walk for 15 mins.
- Taxi: pick up one in front of the terminal. The ride should take 15-25 mins. depending on the traffic, and cost no more than 40 zl (approx. 10 EUR).
Some taxi companies (with phone numbers):
- Hallo Taxi: 19-197
- As Taxi: 19-660
- City Drivers Taxi: 881-344-886
- Prone Taxi: 19-777.
The ride from the venue to the airport should cost between 30 and 50 PLN.
Getting around by public transport
For general information and planning your trip, we suggest to use
https://jakdojade.pl/gdansk/trasa/?lang=en. It gives very good advice, typically much better than general search engines.
The best way to get to the venue from most places is to take the SKM train to station Gdańsk Przymorze-Uniwersytet. Alternatively, one can take a tram number 6, 11 or 12 to the Uniwersytet stop.
The train station closest to the student dorm is Gdańsk Strzyża.
The venue is 4 minutes walking from the student dorm: